I am definitely an Autumn/ Winter type of girl. I love bundling up in big jumpers, yanking on my big boots, and cuddling under fluffy duvets. There are few things better than sitting watching a Christmas film with the rain bouncing off the windows, with all the Christmas lights on, under a fluffy cover, tucking into Christmas chocolate. Ooh, just writing about it makes me so excited for Christmas even though it’s only February.
This means I’m not a great fan of Summer, because I hate being too hot and feeling like I don’t want to wear many clothes because it’s too warm and sticky, but wanting to wear as many clothes as possible because I hate my body. Summer is a stressful time for people who like to cover up but who also feel the heat really badly. Sure, I love the bright blue skies and gardens bursting with beautiful flowers, but I’d prefer it to always be chilly so all my lumps and bumps can stay hidden.
Spring is a great mix between the two; breezy enough to keep on a jumper or a hoody, but sunny and fresh. Spring seems to be arriving fairly early this year, so I thought I’d take a few minutes to think about what I’m really excited for:
- Taking pretty photos. Autumn is a great time for taking photos, because you have all the luscious leaves on the trees. Winter is alright when you have the bright blue skies behind the bare trees, but Spring…Spring is the season of blossom, snowdrops, and little lambs. It’s just such a pretty time!
- Easter. I’m not a religious person, so to me Easter means eating lots of chocolate with the excuse it’s Easter, I have to eat Easter Eggs, otherwise it’s rude. I’ve said before, and will no doubt say again, Mini Eggs are my favourite chocolate, so Spring time is the best time for chocolate.
- Pastel Colours. I’m one of those people who like to paint their nails to match the time of year. Spring Time means I can paint my nails pretty pastel shades, and I can use the Models Own Speckled Egg nail varnishes, so my nails can match my Mini Eggs. When you nails match your food, you’re doing something right.
- Going on walks. The place where Alex lives is really peaceful, with lots of fields and trees, with a pretty walk whichever direction you set off in. It’s been a bit too cold to go on long walks, and way too muddy (I hate getting my boots muddy), so I’m really looking forward to nice afternoon walks under the blue skies, in the gentle Spring breeze. Ahh, so excited! ^.^
- Spring Decorations. Okay, so I’m one of those people who decorate their space to match the season. I don’t go all out; I just like little trinkets and buntings and cute things that make me smile. I may have been a bit eager, because I’ve already decorated my piano for Spring / Easter. When the weather is all sunny it’s fine, because it does feel like Spring, but there’s been a few days where it’s been all cold and rainy and the kids have come in all bemused as to why there are flowers, Easter Eggs, and bunnies around the room.
I don’t know when the official start of Spring is (okay, I just Googled it and it’s 20th March), but for me, it can’t come soon enough!
What are you looking forward to about Spring?